Here is the 32nd grab-and-go sized podcast episode
This is the first recording in the new studio on new hardware. There are some slight audio issues but if I went for perfection… I would have just deleted this recording I would have stopped these long ago
- gnome-sudoku (40.1 -> 40.2)
- iputils (20210202 -> 20210722)
- polkit-default-privs (1550+20210715.b7d5b97 -> 1550+20210722.ae1891d)
- yast2-nfs-server (4.4.0 -> 4.4.1)
- createrepo_c (0.16.0 -> 0.17.3)
- libslirp (4.6.0 -> 4.6.1+7)
- nodejs16 (16.4.1 -> 16.5.0)
- openblas_pthreads (0.3.16 -> 0.3.17)
- python-Pygments (2.7.4 -> 2.9.0)
- python-setuptools (57.0.0 -> 57.4.0)
- redis (6.2.4 -> 6.2.5)
- yast2-control-center (4.4.0 -> 4.4.1)
- yast2-iscsi-client (4.4.1 -> 4.4.2)
- yast2-ruby-bindings (4.4.1 -> 4.4.2)
- yast2-users (4.4.4 -> 4.4.5)
- kernel-source (5.13.2 -> 5.13.4)
- kvm_stat (5.13.2 -> 5.13.4)
- Mozilla Thunderbird
Computer History Retrospective
This is my segment where I like to look back in time and see how the world of technology has advanced and how things have stayed the same. I find we often forget how far we have come and how good we have it while not always remember how we got here. Having some historical perspective on computers and technology can help to drive some appreciation for what we have today.
Computer Chronicles on Lasers and Computers (1984)
This is just a Nate-echo-chamber of ideas but if you are interested in more thoughts and opinions in discussion with other Linux and open source enthusiasts, subscribe to DLN Xtend, a podcast with the Destination Linux Network where I have a chat with my co-hosts Matt and Wendy on a gambit of subjects.
Maker’s Corner Podcast
Yannick and Nate talk about the things they make, the problems they solve and the fun they have exploring the world of making things, all kinds of things from electronics, software, wood working and general construction.
A talk about tech around a virtual water cooler. Anything that is Linux, tech and open source related is on the table for discussion. This is a live stream welcome to all.
BDL Live most Saturdays at 20:00 / 8pm EDT (Sunday UTC 00:00)